Atlanta Fly Fishing Club – Wednesday, February 11, 2020
Frank Gordon giving a recap of the club Cuba trip and JD Forrester on Winter Midge Fishing.
Atlanta Fly Fishing Club – Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Beyond Catching – Everglades National Park Fly Fishing – Edward Tamson
Captain Edward Tamson has been a passionate angler and conservation advocate since his first backpacking and fly fishing trips into the California High Sierras more than 5 decades ago. After a successful career as a corporate consultant he followed his passion and became a Florida fly fishing guide who also enjoys fishing throughout the United States, Canada and the Bahamas. In order to keep his own fly casting skills tuned up he competes in (ACA) Fly Casting National Tournaments (Silver & Bronze Medal Winner). He is FFI certified fly casting instructor and a U.S.A. Licensed Coast Guard Captain. In brief, he is an avid and inspiring fly fishing guide and coach.
His presentation will describe the challenges & joys of fly fishing throughout the extensive backcountry of the Everglades National Park including vivid descriptions of the people, exotic wildlife, epic game fish and the skills, equipment, flies and boats needed to have great fun.
Ed will provide us with his insights and answer all of our questions including:
- What is this Beyond Catching fly fishing philosophy all about and will it help me catch more fish?
- What are the best times & methods for fly fishing in the Florida Everglades?
- What size and how easy are the Snook, Red Fish and Tarpon to catch & release?
- What can I specifically do to improve my fly fishing and casting skills?
- What is this ACA fly casting tournament casting all about?