Atlanta Fly Fishing Club – Wednesday, September 12, 2018
“A Guide’s Guide to Fly Fishing in Atlanta” – Justin Powell, Orvis
Justin Powell comes to the Orvis Atlanta store with over of 20 years of fly fishing experience, both fresh and salt water. Originally from Destin, Florida. Justin learned to fly fish in salt for redfish and speckled sea trout, but later found a deep passion for freshwater trout and Steelhead, and has fished in many of the countries premiere steelhead streams from the east’s beloved great lakes tributaries to the famed steelhead streams of the west. Our members will also appreciate his experience in guided kayaking.
Justin prides himself on passing his love of the sport to others. Check out this video from Chris Sheridan called “Stonefly,” which traces the fly-fishing path of North Carolina angler Justin Adam Powell. Accompanied by beautiful cinematography, Powell explains how he came to fly fishing, what the sport means to him, and how it helps him to center his life.
Upcoming Fly Fishing Talks (Always the Second Wednesday of the month at Manuel’s Tavern)
- October – Chris Scalley of River Through Atlanta Guide Service
- November – Jeff Wright, Alpharetta Outfitters
- December – Special program
- January – Georgia DNR
- February – Chattooga Fly Shop
- March – Steve Hudson, will talk about white bass
- April – Jake Darling of Unicoi Outfitters will talk about the upper Chattoochee